• About
  • Working Together
  • UK-MADE MENSWEAR
  • Style
    • Menswear
    • Accessories
    • Grooming
    • Style Inspiration
    • British Made
    • Collaborations
  • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Cars
    • Watches
    • Food & Drink
    • Arts
    • Events
  • People

XO Grey Fox

Colour combinations - blue and brown

Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Being at the start of a journey towards middle-aged style I still come across colour combinations which are totally new to me.  I found these photographs recently of blue and brown partnerships which struck me as remarkably successful.

From The Sartorialist


Chocolate knitted tie
I love knitted ties and the search is on for the right shade of brown and a suitable cornflower blue shirt with which to wear it!
Share:
Labels: clothes, colour combinations, fashion, men's style, middle age, older man, style, Tweed

2 comments

  1. Anonymous2 August 2012 at 11:59

    the guy in the brown suit looks a total mess. to start off the jacket is to tight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey Fox2 August 2012 at 12:10

      Thanks for your comment. I think he has a certain style though. I suspect the suit is linen so will look a bit crushed. GF.

      Delete
      Replies
        Reply
    2. Reply
Add comment
Load more...

Newer Post
Home
Older Post
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About

About
Older blogger (63) in search of style. Menswear & lifestyle writer.
Learn more...

Follow

Popular Posts

  • Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to All
    I'd like to wish everyone who visits Grey Fox Blog a Very Happy Christmas. The last year has seen huge opportunities and changes for the...
  • Is the menswear industry overlooking an affluent market; the older man?
    Like many men over forty I've found that choosing suitable clothes can be difficult. I don’t want skinny cuts and low waistbands, nor do...
  • S.E.H.Kelly - Highest quality British design, fabrics and manufacture
    I visited S.E.H. Kelly yesterday and came away wishing I could have bought almost everything they had on display. In my hunt for style I fel...

Categories

  • lifestyle
  • people
  • style

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.
© XO Grey Fox · Theme by xomisse