• About
  • Working Together
  • UK-MADE MENSWEAR
  • Style
    • Menswear
    • Accessories
    • Grooming
    • Style Inspiration
    • British Made
    • Collaborations
  • Lifestyle
    • Travel
    • Cars
    • Watches
    • Food & Drink
    • Arts
    • Events
  • People

XO Grey Fox

Wool House at Somerset House

Sunday, 17 March 2013

A few days ago I visited Wool House at Somerset House in London. Taking place from the 13th to the 24th of March and organised by The Campaign for Wool,  it's billed as the world’s biggest ever celebration of Wool. The 12 day showcase has been curated by renowned designer Arabella McNie. From interiors, and crafts, to the world of fashion, all aspects of our favourite natural fibre are explored. There are various events scheduled over the next week which are worthwhile checking out, including a tweed tea party and tailoring demonstrations by Henry Poole and Co.


Here are some of the photos I took. Naturally I was most interested in the men's and tailoring fashion exhibits, but the interior design and crafts showed the remarkable resilience and adaptability of this natural fabric, with glowing colours and fascinating textures everywhere. If you're in London, I suggest you visit.

Somerset House is itself fascinating, with a history going back to the 16th century. The beautiful neo-classical buildings once housed the Admiralty Board and various government departments. It now contains galleries showing many important works of art.

But it's these guys that Wool House is all about:


  














Share:
Labels: Campaign for Wool, wool

No comments

Post a Comment

Newer Post
Home
Older Post
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

About

About
Older blogger (63) in search of style. Menswear & lifestyle writer.
Learn more...

Follow

Popular Posts

  • Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to All
    I'd like to wish everyone who visits Grey Fox Blog a Very Happy Christmas. The last year has seen huge opportunities and changes for the...
  • Is the menswear industry overlooking an affluent market; the older man?
    Like many men over forty I've found that choosing suitable clothes can be difficult. I don’t want skinny cuts and low waistbands, nor do...
  • S.E.H.Kelly - Highest quality British design, fabrics and manufacture
    I visited S.E.H. Kelly yesterday and came away wishing I could have bought almost everything they had on display. In my hunt for style I fel...

Categories

  • lifestyle
  • people
  • style

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.
© XO Grey Fox · Theme by xomisse